Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Return to Sender

As the warm wind blows in it blankets my thoughts
I feel calm for once without any resolution
january nights have never been so concealing
of my thoughts dreams and desires
things not worth revealing
things for which there is no substitution
perhaps that is the closure ive long since needed
when the summer wind settles in again
so does my summer love, long since retreated
i feel like Prufrock in the shadow of a dream
i am no Ophelia! but i do share her pain
i read the classics but my thoughts won't change
the realness of my skewed perspective
leaves me torn between what is and what seems
pulling the shades can't make the view less strange
is this the fate to which we all are destined?
to live a life malled by love? lost and defective
when that summer wind settles in again
i wonder how soon its euphoria will end
what happens to feelings left unannounced
will they fade away if i pretend
or will they implode?

No comments: