Sunday, January 09, 2005

Ode to Jets To Brazil

What’s best for everyone is bound to hurt somebody
What’s best for everyone is killing me

And I cried out your name because I loved the sound it made
and because I couldn't wait to see your face.
And nothing ever was the same.
And the stars say, "Look into my eyes."
But I can't change if it's only in my mind.
And I love you but I don't have the right.
And I wanted you so bad tonight.

there's an end but we don't get to choose. we can only lose.
if I cried a river just for you
would you swim in it some sunny afternoon?

All things that those who wait
Take time to find your way
Half the answers
Are failing your mistakes
Even when you’re wrong I think you’re great

now all these tastes improve
through the view that comes with you
like they handed me my life
for the first time it felt right
thank you for making me see there's a life in me
it was dying to get out

No comments: