Sunday, January 09, 2005

I am going to write 20 notecards that say why I should like myself. I have an interview with Wash U tomorrow, or today rather. I'm sort of nervous, but in a good way. Sometimes I regret the things I say, or I wish i had said them differently. I think i'm helping but im really not approaching the situation with the compassion and understanding i should. I realize this now in retrospect. keiko- im sorry i made you feel bad tonight. you're still my favorite latina. I'm also starting a new project called "think before i talk" and im trying as of right now to not be so over analytical. I get paranoid and ruin things. Positive and optimistic Audrey is coming soon. And now for your viewing pleasure, my 2 favorite verses to The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by none other than our T.S.

Should I, after tea and cakes and ices,
Have the strength to force the moment to its crisis?
Bit though I have wept and fasted, wept and prayed,
Though I have seen my head (grown slightly bald) brought in upon a platter,
I am no prophet- and here's no great matter;
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
And in short, I was afraid....

...No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, and easy tool.
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous:
Full of high sentense, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous-
Almost, at times, the Fool.

No comments: