Wednesday, December 13, 2006

the easiest way to break someones spirit is to criticize their writing style. when i was home for thanksgiving E was writing a Catcher in the Rye paper and so i printed mine out from junior year so he could compare it. its kind of upsetting when you realize your ability to write has done nothing but decline since high school. ugh now i have nothing but mediocrity. i think i would like to rewind to senior year and do things differently. maybe i should have just gone to colorado state. probably.

i bought a lisa loeb cd yesterday on itunes. im kind of excited to go home for break and then for E to visit over interim. im also excited to go to portland over interim break but not nearly as excited as i am to go to BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA for spring break!

one thing i hate about myself is my inability to take tests, or rather my inability to do well on tests. i mean even if i did study, which i dont, i still wouldnt do well. thats why ive given up. ive lost all hope. finals are a dreary dreary time for me. i mean i guess they are for everyone. i think the one big thing thats changed about my writing is the fact that now i write like i talk and before i wrote much more formally. even on this thing i was all poetic and shit. now im just like yeah whateva.

ahhhhh. get me to chicago. or actually just get me to schaumburg. i dont really care if i see the city at all over break. I LOVE ILLINOIS.

No comments: