Tuesday, January 25, 2011

so fly like a prius

physics totally sucks. i thought i would be able to somehow make up for my organic grades by getting A's in physics I and II but now that doesn't seem so realistic. If i don't get an A in organic lab i will be really disappointed. On the bright side, i should have no problem locking one down in stats. Grades are really all i care about. At least i'm honest. I went 4 years thinking "grades don't matter" and "i'm better than a GPA." Unfortunately, i was very wrong. in fact, grades are really all that matter (when applying to grad school)... well grades and test scores, which are really just fancy big grades. speaking of which, i have to take the GRE this summer and my mom wants to drop another grand on a Kaplan class. Clearly this woman has no faith in me, and with good reason! Plus, this is probably the most important test i will take in my life thus far. I'm pretty sure she is just worried about another ACT incident (3 29's in a row and never a 30) or LSAT incident and having a barely sub-par score prevent me from getting into vet school. Although, in all honesty, there are many sub-par aspects to my resume/application, GRE aside. Everything i'm putting out there is on the low end. the only thing i'm on track with is my prereq GPA but with the way physics is looking, even that may flounder. All the more reason for a Kaplan class, apparently.

I keep saying "if I can get to the interview, maybe I have a chance" but now i'm not even sure about that AND how do i get to the interview?!!? and therein lies the rub. I don't even really want to apply to law school with vet school; its so much workkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Well that's enough of that. I apologize in advance for my likely inaccurate quoting of Frost but i don't feel like looking it up.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep,
miles to go before i sleep.

No comments: