Sunday, November 30, 2003

I'm lost without a compass. Mislead and misunderstood. did i turn out the way you thought i would? i will never see the world in the hues you do, because the hues you choose are not the hues i use, because the hues i use are only blues. it was only when i jumped into the deep end that i realized i had been drowning all along. self-image ends here. make up or no make up, i'll never be who you want me to be. as hard as that is to swallow, i think i'll make it out alive. changing identities as flowers wilt to brown. you write about the love that was never me. it looks like i'm giving up the fight before i take the final punch. in its crippling brevity i learned how to wake up. does that mean something? judge me please. who am i? if you know, then the answer must not be hard to find. whats the point? was there ever one? somewhere in the distance a little girl is screaming. i hear it faintly, fading to the background music that i have super imposed onto my life. i am static. judge me more. if i drown out everyone else, maybe i can do the same to myself. i'm sinking without a struggle, because its so much easier getting washed out to sea.

No comments: