Tuesday, February 18, 2003

leave me alone with my thoughts, leave me alone in the dark, leave me alone with the pain that resides in the back of my mind. nothing is more comforting than the thought of a caged bird who thinks she can fly. the thought of me. let her outside and watch her make claims about being important and saving then world, and then watch her fall. watch as the light in her eyes slowly fades. watch her as she counts the days until she can go back into the dark of her cage. crying alone at the bottom of her bottomless pit,she waits for the day to come, when someone will tell her she can fly. alone in the bottom of her cavernous cage, with melancholy as her best friend, a sorry excuse for a bird, a bird who believed she could fly. she watches though windows and wishes herself to be worthy of flying away. she doesnt know she will never be able to fly. she will never be important and she will never save the world. she is helpless and hopeless and completely jaded, and she's already faded into her Great Facade. she will never fly. i will never fly.

No comments: