Tuesday, January 21, 2003

my song of the day is February 15th by Bright Eyes. its a nice song. it makes me cry. but then... what doesnt? whatever. im going to throw in some of the lyrics because i love them. i love it when bands write deep and meaningful lyrics that are actually moving as opposed to "i miss you. i like you please come back to me because i miss you and love you"

"And, I'm sorry about the phone call
And needing you
Some decisions you don't make
I guess it's just like breathing
And not wanting to
There are some things that you can't fake
Yeah, there are some things that you can't fake
I guess that it's typical
To cling to memories you'll never get back again
And to sort through old photographs
Of a summer long ago
Or a friend that you used to know
And there below his frozen face
you wrote the name
And that ancient date, that ancient date
And you can't believe he is really gone"
--Bright Eyes.

No comments: