Tuesday, April 08, 2014

All These Things That I've Done

I'm sorry for being an intolerable girlfriend and a worse friend. I've always thought, or at least hoped, that there was a good person somewhere inside of me. Maybe that just isn't true. I didn't think it would ever be possible for us to get to a point where we questioned whether this was still right. I'm not at that point but I'm sorry if I pushed you there.
I've always wanted the best for you and I'm sorry that has gotten lost in my stubborn abrasiveness. I'm sorry for projecting all my own insecurities about my career choices onto you. I'm sorry that my attempts to advocate for you have probably felt more like warfare. I'm sorry I've fought against you when I should have been in your corner. I'm sorry for not just shutting the fuck up and listening. I'm sorry for not telling you everyday how much I appreciate you and love you. I'm sorry for not apologizing for all these things until now.

No comments: