Sunday, April 10, 2011

i hate running shoes

my tab to date on running shoes to replace my saucony triumph 7's is over $400. hopefully ill be able to at least take 100 of that off since i just ordered (as i always knew i would) 2 pairs of triumph 8s. one in 9.5 wide and one 10 reg. these are both an attempt to get ride of the constant blister on the inside of my foot from friction. i will keep the kinvaras i guess and i have no choice but to keep the adrenaline gts 11s since ive already run 22 miles in them but i'm so fucking annoyed for the following reasons:

1. a stability shoe does not prevent my knees from knocking or my ankles from pronating
2. gts 11s make my feet burn after 2 miles even with the lightest socks i own  in 60 degree weather (wtf?)
3. triumph 7s create huge blisters on the inside of my foot but are other wise perfect
4. gts 11s make my left knee ache horribly after only 6 miles
5. gts 11s make my right foot numb
6. superfeet kill my arches when they are supposed to support and help them
7. triumphs are a neutral shoe, which is what everyone tells me i should NOT be in, yet they feel better than every stability shoe i've tried.
8. i'm not fat but i can't seem to let go of a really cushioned running shoe.
9. why are my feet so hot in these adrenalines??!??!?!??

i'm so glad i bought these shoes in the most obnoxious colors they make them in because now i'm too poor to buy new birkenstocks and i have to wear these as my every day shoes and they are bright purple or bright pink (kinvaras) and i will look like some REI camper every day of my life when i really just want to be wearing new (discrete) birkenstocks with sweatpants and never have to wear jeans again because i hate them.

the weather was awesome today. the wind was not. hopefully the cabin will be finished by memorial day weekend. i'm not taking any classes this summer so i can decorate it fabulously. i'm quickly losing momentum for this "calling" that i had 2.5 years ago. MBA school sounds fabulous now.

i wish i didn't have to go to dick pond to get the right shoes. i wish someone could just tell me that my triumphs are ok even though i look like a goon running in them and 12 year old girls make fun of me and mock my stride while i pass them on the sidewalk. talk about a shot to the ego.

No comments: